Abacus : Improve IQ, Mental Math and Focus
An abacus is an ancient device used to make arithmetic calculations. Before the concept is explained in great detail, ponder upon a few arithmetic questions:
896742 X 843 = ? Or 8888/222 = ?
Hmm.. Heading to retrieve a pen and paper? A calculator? Perhaps even resorting to searching for the answer on the internet?
If we tell you that these equations can be solved without the aid of external devices, you would probably find it humorous and think it is nearly impossible or solving the equation would be a lengthy process.
Now, can you imagine an elementary school student solving a problem that has bewildered your mind? And that too within in seconds and without any external devices, such as a calculator! It may be hard to fathom but it’s true.
Our Mission: Full Brain Development using Mental Arithmetic as a medium and Abacus as a tool. When discussing brain development many questions arise and the first things that come into mind are:
Is Full Brain Development Possible?
The brain development of children progress rapidly during the juvenile years and it is crucial to exercise their brain with challenging problems. Exercising the child’s mind from an early age increases their potential in not only in cognitive skills but also in academia in primary education and secondary education, and throughout his or her lifetime. The brain consists of two hemispheres known as the right hemisphere and the left hemisphere. The role of the right hemisphere is dedicated to creativity, imagination, and, artistic and musical abilities. Whereas the the role of the left hemisphere is devoted to mathematics, logic, problem solving skills, and language. So Abacus programs force brain to work throughout 360 degree.
How can Abacus help your child?
- Improve speed and accuracy on calculations
- Increase Brain power, concentration, and memorization
- Coordinates thinking ability, memory, attentiveness, and imagination
- Helps building logical thinking
- Utilizes a mental image calculation method
- Left Brain and Right Brain Development simultaneously
How is our program different?
The only Accelerated 1-Year Abacus program (course material includes word problems, so child understand how to implement in course curriculum).
Enrollment Information :
- Children ages 4 and up to 10
- 1.5 hours of class every week
- Tuition fee: $80/month or $225/Quarter
- Small group of kids (4-6 students per class) to make sure each kid is getting attention
- Complete whole abacus program in one year